POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A lamp : Re: A lamp Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A lamp
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 12 Oct 2004 03:07:02
Message: <416b8296@news.povray.org>
> The model is good, but I'm especially impressed by the overall shading.  I'd
> really like to take a look at your radiosity/finish/light_source settings
> for the concerned elements ;-)

No problem. But it's nothing special....

You can see the settings for the lamp and light_sources in p.t.s-f .

The ceiling:
    pigment { rgb 1 }
    normal { crackle .2 scale .5}

Radiosity:
    #include "rad_def.inc"
    global_settings {
        radiosity { Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Normal, off, off) recursion_limit 2
brightness 3.0}
        //radiosity { Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Fast, off, off) recursion_limit 2
brightness 3.0}
        //radiosity { Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Debug, off, off) recursion_limit 2
brightness 3.0}
    }

The couloring comes from the environment, its mostly wood. I guess it will change a
lot, once I put my sofa in (it's blue).

Manuel